May 6, 2011

Whats up doc?

Today I went to the doctor for my anxiety and gastrointestinal problems related to endo.  As if I haven't been feeling crazy enough lately due to my anxiety/panic attacks, I got SUPER anxious as soon as I entered the office. My heart rate was up, I was fidgeting and didn't realize it and apparently was speaking a mile a minute (my doctor pointed all of those out to me). When he asked why I thought I was so anxious lately I said "I don't know, maybe because I have been feeling like death for the past few years, I'm having issues with my brother, I recently broke up with my boyfriend of 6 years, I find out I have Endometriosis and I "probably shouldn't" wait too long for kids, and work has been a real bitch lately."  His response to that is, "Well yeah, I can definitely understand why you're having panic attacks." YA THINK?  So he has upped my normal anxiety meds as well as giving me a prescription for a stronger pill (which he says I should not reveal because I'll probably get robbed LOL) for when I have panic attacks.  As far as my diet goes for Endo, he suggests that I do a liquid diet for about 1 1/2- 1 week before my period to see if that lessens my gastro problems.  I have no other options at this point so I am willing to try anything! Wish me luck!

Until next time,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment