August 10, 2012

I'm becoming the crazy cat lady




While I'm out of work (and desperately searching) I have become very bored and created Facebook Pages for both of my cats lol If you want to "like" my cats, here are the links: 

https://www.facebook.com/CaramelKittyRohner

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oreo-Kitty-Bagdanovich-Desruisseaux/351876231559965

Anyway, after I did this I came upon this really cool article about cats and some stuff I didn't know!

The article is called 13 Things You Didn't Know About Your Cat by Readers Digest. I am going to highlight a few of my favorite points and leave the link below for you to check out the rest of the slideshow. 



  • 1. Nose-to-nose greetings between cats are unusual, as it puts both in a vulnerable position. However, cats who know each other well but have been apart for a while feel safe enough to do this to confirm visual recognition and gain information about how the other cat is, where he has been and what he has been doing.  My cats do this all the time, I just thought they were..kissing lol
  • 7. Like dogs, cats can also get sick or die from eating chocolate. Maybe this one is a no-brainer but for some reason, I didn't realize!
  • 9. Cats blink and narrow their eyes when they accidentally make eye contact. To make friends with an unfamiliar cat, blink and look away when you catch his eyes. This is neat, next time I see a cat do this I am going to try it, haha!
  • 13. If your cat appears to be able to tolerate heat very well this is because the ancestors of cats were originally desert-living animals. This explains a lot. It has been so hot lately and my cat, Caramel, has been laying out on the deck and doesn't want to move though you can clearly tell she is hot. 

For more interesting cat facts visit Readers Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment