August 23, 2012

More Quotessss

If you couldn't tell from yesterday's post, I have been quite emotional. I am better today than yesterday but I can't shake this weird, anxious feeling. So, I am posting more quotes that relate to how I'm feeling or how I want to feel. Quotes about the future and change. You'll find out as soon as you read them soooo... DO IT :)


“And then I felt sad because I realized that once people are broken in certain ways, they can't ever be fixed, and this is something nobody ever tells you when you are young and it never fails to surprise you as you grow older as you see the people in your life break one by one. You wonder when your turn is going to be, or if it's already happened.” 
― Douglas CouplandLife After God


“This is an important lesson to remember when you're having a bad day, a bad month, or a shitty year. Things will change: you won't feel this way forever. And anyway, sometimes the hardest lessons to learn are the ones your soul needs most. I believe you can't feel real joy unless you've felt heartache. You can't have a sense of victory unless you know what it means to fail. You can't know what it's like to feel holy until you know what it's like to feel really fucking evil. And you can't be birthed again until you've died.” 

― Kelly Cutrone

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” 
― Haruki Murakami

“Love can change a person the way a parent can change a baby- awkwardly, and often with a great deal of mess.” 
― Lemony SnicketHorseradish: Bitter Truths You Can't Avoid

“There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.” 

― Laurell K. HamiltonMistral's Kiss


“Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.” 

― Jodi PicoultMy Sister's Keeper

“We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers - but never blame yourself. It's never your fault. But it's always your fault, because if you wanted to change you're the one who has got to change.” 
― Katharine Hepburn 


“I think she was afraid to love sometimes. I think it scared her. She was the type to like things that are concrete, like the ocean. Something you could point to and know what it was. I think that's why she always struggled with God. And I think that's why she also struggled with love. She couldn't touch it. She couldn't hold on to it and make sure it never changed."


"Sometimes it's those things you can't touch that you need to hold on to the most.” 
― Carrie Ryan, The Dead-Tossed Waves

“You're always you, and that don't change, and you're always changing, and there's nothing you can do about it.” 
― Neil GaimanThe Graveyard Book



“Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.” 
― Eckhart Tolle


“Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.” 
― Mary ShelleyFrankenstein


“Right now I want a word that describes the feeling that you get--a cold sick feeling, deep down inside--when you know something is happening that will change you, and you don't want it to, but you can't stop it. And you know, for the first time, for the very first time, that there will now be a before and an after, a was and a will be. And that you will never again quite be the same person you were.” 
― Jennifer DonnellyA Northern Light



“Just because I liked something at one point in time doesn’t mean I’ll always like it, or that I have to go on liking it at all points in time as an unthinking act of loyalty to who I am as a person, based solely on who I was as a person. To be loyal to myself is to allow myself to grow and change, and challenge who I am and what I think. The only thing I am for sure is unsure, and this means I’m growing, and not stagnant or shrinking. 
” 
― Jarod Kintz


No comments:

Post a Comment