April 12, 2011

Post-Op

Today was my post-op appointment, since I had the laparascopy last week.  I got to see my insides (grossssss), my doctor took lots of pictures so that was helpful! I dont really know where to begin so...here it goes.

I have a very minimal amount of Endometriosis, I believe I have 4 or 5 spots and all were removed except one that was my uterus. I also had a lot of little cysts around the base of my tubes but those were easily removable. They checked my tubes as well and they are open (yay!). I also do not have any permanent scar tissue or damage so that is awesome. The only thing that really concerns me is the Endo on my uterus, I want children so badly I hope that I wont get more on my uterus that will affect my fertility. My doctor seemed confident that I could eventually get pregnant but basically I have to do it sooner rather than later (a year or two) since Endo gets worse and fertility declines after 30; kinda hard considering I just ended my 6 year relationship and am totally not ready to jump into another but thats another problem for another day. My only options are Lupron, which doesn't make sense for me because I dont have severe Endo (even though I have EXTREME symptoms), or going back on birth control; So it looks like I will be starting BC up again soon and after 4 months we will see how I am doing. I am trying so hard to be positive about all of this because yes, it is good that I have no permanent damage, but its bad that theres nothing that can be done really and now I have to worry about when/if I will get pregnant.  I need to stop thinking and stressing, im heading to bed early tonight!

Until next time,
Melissa


P.S. Why would I want to take a drug (Lupron) that puts my body into menopause and it's COMMON side effects are: Constipation; dizziness; general body pain; headache; hot flashes; loss of appetite; nausea or vomiting; stuffy nose; trouble sleeping; weakness....I have most of those anyway, like it needs to be increased! 


P.P.S.  I saw a picture of my ovary with the ovulation cyst and it was soooooo yucky looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment